- Ability Score Increase: Your Charisma score increases by 2, and two other ability scores of your choice increase by 1.
- Age: Half-elves mature at the same rate humans do and reach adulthood around the age of 20. They live much longer than humans, however, often exceeding 180 years.
- Size: Half-elves are about the same size as humans, ranging from 5 to 6 feet tall. Your size is Medium.
- Speed: Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
- Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
- Skill Versatility: You gain proficiency in two skills of your choice.
- Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common, Elvish, and one extra language of your choice.
(Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide)
Some half-elves have one of the following traits in place of Skill Versatility:
- Keen Senses: You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
- Wood Elf Heritage: Choose one of the wood elf's Elf Weapon Training, Fleet of Foot, or Mask of the Wild.
- High Elf Heritage: Choose one of the high elf's Elf Weapon Training or Cantrip.
- Drow Heritage: You have the drow's Drow Magic.
- Aquatic Heritage: You have a swimming speed of 30 feet.