|Casting Time||1 action|
|Duration||Conc. Up to 1 minute|
Touch a creature and make them do a Wisdom save. On failure, they suffer from one of the following effects while the spell lasts:
- It has disadvantage on ability checks and saving throws made with an ability score of your choice, designated at the spell's casting.
- It has disadvantage on attack rolls against you.
- It must make a Wisdom save at the start of its turns. If it fails, it does nothing on its action.
- Your attacks and spells deal an extra 1d8 necrotic damage to it. A Remove Curse ends this effect.
- You may choose a different effect, but it has to be as powerful as the above, and the DM has the final word on the curse's effect.
At Higher Levels: If you cast this spell using a 4th level slot, the possible duration is extended to 10 minutes. If you use a 5th or 6th level slot, the duration is 8 hours. If you use a 7th or 8th level slot, the duration is 24 hours. If you use a 9th level slot, the spell lasts until it is dispelled. Using a spell slot of 5th level or higher grants a duration that doesn't require concentration.